“Il Divino: Michelangelo’s Sistine Ceiling in VR” © 2019 Chris Evans
Welcome back, old friends!
As we open our arms to 2020 and all that comes with it — including the upcoming Washington, D.C. and Daegu, South Korea conferences — our editors thought we’d first reflect on a banner year of stories from our community by sharing a roundup of 2019’s “most read” news from the ACM SIGGRAPH Blog. Resolve to read more this year … starting here.
1. Complementary Conferences: SC19 and SIGGRAPH 2019 | Read Story
2. SIGGRAPH Spotlight: Episode 30 – Tim Sweeney and the Metaverse | Read Story
3. One Night Only: Don’t Miss the SIGGRAPH 2019 Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater | Read Story
4. An ‘Irresistible’ Way to Make Films: Using Real-Time Technology for ‘Book of the Dead’ | Read Story
5. SIGGRAPH Now: ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ | Read Story
6. SIGGRAPH 2019 Exclusive: Experience the Sistine Chapel in VR | Read Story
7. Benchmarking Ray Tracing | Read Story
8. How to Use Deep Learning in Character Posing | Read Story
9. Immersive Art Around the World | Read Story
10. Physics Forests: Using Machine Learning for Real-time Fluid Simulation | Read Story
Want to stay up to date on all ACM SIGGRAPH news? Subscribe to the SIGGRAPHITTI newsletter.