Andreas Psaltis © 2019 ACM SIGGRAPH
Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater Submission Guidelines
- Electronic Theater categories include: advertising, feature films, short films, cinematic, real-time graphics, visual effects, visualization (data-driven), visualization (conceptual animation), and simulation.
- Your animation must be under 10 minutes in length.
- End titles/credits should last no longer than 7 seconds.
- Video resolution must be at least 1080p [1920x1080p]. SIGGRAPH 2020 will not accept DCP format.
- You may submit as many works as you like, but ensure you complete a separate submission form for each work. No submission is complete without a permission form on file. (Pay attention to reminder emails!)
- Your project must have been completed in 2019, 2020, or be on track for completion by Summer 2020.
- All short films must be uploaded directly to the submission portal.
- The SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater is proud to be an official qualifying festival for the Academy Awards Best Animated Short Film competition.
- Need some inspiration? Read interviews with past creative teams.
- Please submit your application when you are ready to send your film in its most complete and finished format, as reviewers will only watch the first cut submitted.
- All applicants will be informed of the status of their project by 4 May.
VR Theater Submission Guidelines
- Your film must be under 30 minutes in length (5–12 minutes preferred).
- Your submission should work on a VR-ready PC.
- The content should run on an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headset.
- Experiences should start and end automatically without user interaction, similar to a theater experience.
- Need some inspiration? Watch this short video.
- All applicants will be informed of the status of their project by the end of April.
- For specific questions about submitting, reference the “Frequently Asked Questions” here.
Use this flowchart to ensure you’re submitting your project to the program that is the best fit. Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater submissions close Tuesday, 17 March, and VR Theater submissions close Tuesday, 11 February. We look forward to seeing your groundbreaking work — and hopefully you! — at SIGGRAPH 2020 this July in Washington, D.C.